01 February 2018 is the date for the first ever Spotlight on Africa & Indian Ocean workshop in Arusha.
Arusha is the home to hundreds of Tanzanian Inbound Tour Operators who are significant suppliers of bed nights to Zanzibar and Tanzanian beach resorts and hotels.
My sources tell me that early in the New Year every resort and hotel in Zanzibar and DAR makes sales trips to Arusha to meet Inbound Tour Operators to contract new rates, advise on new developments, offer specials etc. etc.
SPOTLIGHT therefore offers these resorts and hotels the opportunity to meet and negotiate with Arusha Inbound Tour Operators in one venue instead of spending hours and hours in Arusha traffic going from office to office!!
Primarily to offer Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam resorts, hotels and safari lodges the opportunity of meeting Arusha based Inbound Tour Operators, Arusha based Travel Agents, NGO’s and Corporates.
WHO SHOULD EXHIBIT?
- Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam Hotel Groups
- Tanzanian and Kenyan Safari Lodges
- Car Rental
- Nairobi Hotels seeking corporate business from Arusha, and
- Kenya coast resorts wanting to engage with Tanzanian Inbound Operators
WHO WILL ATTEND THE WORKSHOPS?
- Inbound Tour Operators specialising in East Africa/Indian Ocean Islands;
- Travel Agents
- Nairobi Inbound Tour Operators
We expect 100 attendees at the workshop.
HOW WILL WORKSHOP ATTENDANCE BE PROMOTED?
- We will use our extensive databases for emailing out the invitations.
- Airlines attending also send invitations to their Travel Agency/Corporate databases.
- We have appointed a well known Tanzanian Tourism Marketing Company to assist us with sending out the invitations and managing the registrations.
- Entrance will be free of charge for all trade and corporates.
The Spotlight workshop will be four hours long. The workshop format will be a FREEFLOW table top format with approximately 20 tables.
Thursday 01 February – Arusha
- 13h00: Exhibitors set up tables at Mount Meru Hotel Conference Centre
- 14h00: Travel Trade registration; Tea and coffee
- 14h30 – 18h30: Spotlight Travel Workshop
- 18h30 – 20h00: Networking Cocktail Party
End of Spotlight Workshop
- All workshop expenses,
- Promotional costs;
- Cocktail Party;
- 30 word description and company logo on the event website and in the official catalogue distributed to all attendees;
- Full contact list of all attendees (and no shows) will be sent to exhibitors after the workshops.
COSTS DO NOT INCLUDE:
Airfares; taxis and airport transfers; Meals other than specified.
- Branded Tea and coffee station and Sandwiches on arrival: USD1,000
- Welcome Drink at Cocktail Party: USD1,300
- Cocktail party snacks: USD2000
- Wine-tasting at Cocktail Party: USD1,500
All sponsorships include a 5 minute video presentation on your product service.
- The deadline for booking and paying for a table is 10 January 2018