Our Spotlight Gabs workshops over the past 12 years have always been a great success with enthusiastic attendance by the travel trade from all over Botswana.
At the 2017 workshops, 25 Exhibitors and 120 trade and corporates attended the two sessions. 22 different Travel agencies attended (some with all their staff).
For 2018 we are again doing two sessions.
We start off with a VIP Cocktail Party for Senior Managers /Directors of Travel Agencies on Tuesday 24 April sponsored by AHA Masa Square Hotel and then on Wednesday Morning 25 April, we have the morning session for the travel trade at Avani Gaborone Hotel.
This workshop is a Spotlight on Everywhere….Overseas Travel, Africa, Regional and Domestic Travel within Botswana.
Gaborone is always one of the most enthusiastic audiences we have and the feedback we receive from Exhibitors is always very positive.
Gaborone is a thriving commercial centre in Southern Africa with a booming economy and it has become the centre of the global diamond industry.
Overseas Travel is increasing and there are 25 IATA Travel Agencies in Gaborone so it will be an ideal opportunity for Airlines, International Tourist offices, cruise companies and coach tour companies to network with agents.
Gaborone residents are great weekend travellers. This workshop is an ideal chance for Hotels, Lodges and Tourism Organisations within Botswana and over the border in Madikwe, North West, Limpopo, Gauteng etc. to promote their packages, lodges, shopping opportunities etc.
This workshop will promote
- Outbound Overseas travel from Botswana
- Inter-regional Travel from Botswana to South Africa and other African Countries
- Domestic Travel within Botswana
Who Should Participate (as Exhibitors)
- Hotels and Safari Lodges
- International Airlines
- Tour Operators
- Provincial Tourist Boards
- Regional & City Tourism Associations
- Car Rental Companies
- Beach Resorts
- Cruise Companies
- European Coach Tours
- Overseas Tourist Offices
We expect 25 – 30 Exhibitors to participate in the workshop
Profile of Buyers Attending
- Botswana Corporate and Leisure Travel Agents,
- Inbound and Regional Tour Operators,
- Corporate Travel Planners (Secretaries), in particular Government Departments, NGO’s and Embassies in Gaborone, and
Table-top workshop – Free Flow (not scheduled appointments). One late afternoon VIP Networking Cocktail Party for 30 Senior Travel Agency Directors session plus a 3-hour breakfast session for approx 80 trade attendees.
How Will The Workshop be Promoted?
I have appointed a Gaborone based conference company to hand deliver invitations and chase-up registrations. Invitations will be sent using our specifically targeted databases to Travel Agencies (Leisure and Corporate), Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, and major Corporate Travel accounts.
Frequent reminders will be sent via email and telephone follow-ups.
Tuesday 24 April 2018 – Gaborone (AHA Masa Square Hotel)
- Fly or drive into Gaborone.
- 18h00-20h30: VIP Networking cocktail party for exhibitors to meet 30 Senior Travel Agency Directors / Managers at AHA Masa Square Hotel
Wednesday 25 April 2018 – Gaborone (Avani Gaborone Hotel)
- 08h00-13h00: Breakfast and Workshop for trade.
You will need one night’s accommodation on Tuesday 24 April. We have special rates at Avani Gaborone Hotel or Masa Square Hotel and other hotels and we will advise these rates on confirmation of your booking.
No special offers available – suggest you check with Air Botswana, SAA, to see the best deals.
Driving to Botswana
Very, easy drive via Rustenburg and Zeerust on toll road, about 4 and a half hours to Tlokweng border post near Gaborone. You need an insurance “over border” letter from your Brokers and a special letter from your vehicle finance house. Border fee is approximately P150 (R160).
(See booking form for workshop costs).
- Workshop venue and catering expenses and extensive marketing campaign,
- Snacks and drinks at Cocktail Party on 24 April, and light Breakfast & lunch on 25 April.
- Full database of all attendees for follow up sales purposes. Listing + logo +30 word company description in Programme given to each attendee.
Flights to Gaborone; airport transfers, Hotel accommodation (trade rates are being negotiated) and meals other than specified.
BOOK A TABLE