Spotlight Lusaka: 13 & 14 February 2018
Our past three Spotlight Travel Expos in Lusaka were a “rip roaring” success!
At the 2017 Travel Expo 32 Exhibitors including airlines, hotels, beach resorts and safari lodges from South Africa, Zanzibar, Seychelles, Zambia, Tanzania & Zimbabwe participated and 97 Travel Trade from Lusaka and the Copperbelt attended. We were also very grateful for the very active support of TAAZ – The Travel Agents Association of Zambia.
Lusaka is a fast growing commercial center and the Zambian economy is thriving.
Spotlight TravelExpo Lusaka will comprise a Networking Cocktail Party with Major Travel agencies on Tuesday evening 13th February and a morning breakfast session on Wednesday 14 February.
This workshop is a Spotlight on Everywhere….Overseas Travel, Africa, Regional and Domestic Travel within Zambia.
Overseas Travel is increasing and there are 85 IATA and Non-IATA Travel Agencies in Zambia so it will be an ideal opportunity for Airlines, International Tourist offices, cruise companies and coach tour companies to network with agents.
Lusaka residents are great weekend travellers to the game parks, Livingstone, Kariba and further afield to South Africa. This Expo is also an ideal opportunity for Hotels, Lodges and Tourism organisations within Zambia to promote their packages, lodges, shopping opportunities etc.
Spotlight Harare: 15 & 16 February 2018
Over the past decade, despite all the problems, there has been a significant increase in outbound corporate and leisure travel.
There are 65 IATA and 75 non-IATA Travel Agencies in Harare so it will be an ideal opportunity for Airlines, International Tourist offices, Hotel groups and Tour Operators to network with agents.
Harare residents and expats do a great deal of traveling to neighbouring countries – Zanzibar, Mozambique, Zambia, East Africa, Botswana and South Africa.
Harare is always one of the most enthusiastic audiences we have and the feedback we received from Exhibitors was very positive. At the 2017 workshops, 20 Exhibitors participated and we had 157 attendees.
Spotlight Harare is being organized in conjunction with Tina Pigors of Co-Ordinating Zimbabwe – a very well-known Zimbabwe marketing and representation company with offices in Harare and Bulawayo.
Being a landlocked country Indian Ocean beach holidays are also very popular.
The Harare and Lusaka Spotlights will promote:
- Outbound overseas travel from Zimbabwe & Zambia
- Inter-regional travel from Zimbabwe; Zambia to Southern Africa and other African countries and the Indian Ocean islands.
- Domestic travel within Zimbabwe & Zambia
Who Should Participate (As Exhibitors)
- Hotels and Safari Lodges
- International Airlines
- Tour Operators
- Provincial Tourist Boards
- Regional & City Tourism Associations
- Car Rental Companies
- Beach Resorts
- Cruise Companies
- European Coach Tours
- Overseas Tourist Offices
We expect 25 – 30 Exhibitors to participate in each workshop
Profile of Buyers Attending
- Zimbabwean & Zambian Corporate and Leisure Travel Agents,
- Inbound and Regional Tour Operators,
- Corporate Travel Planners (Secretaries), in particular,
- Government Departments,
- NGO’s and Embassies in Lusaka and
Table-top workshop – Free Flow (not scheduled appointments). 3-hour breakfast session for approx 80-90 trade attendees.
How Will The Workshop Be Promoted?
- I have appointed conference companies in Zambia and Zimbabwe to send out invitations and chase up registrations.
- Invitations will be sent using our specifically targeted databases to Travel Agencies (Leisure and Corporate), Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, and major Corporate Travel accounts.
- Spotlight also has the full support of TAAZ (Travel Agents Association of Zambia) and the Zimbabwe Travel Agents Association who send regular invites out to their members.
- Frequent reminders will be sent via fax mail, email and telephone follow-ups.
Tuesday 13 February – Lusaka
- Fly into Lusaka
- 18h00: Networking Cocktail party for top Travel Agents at Best Western Lusaka Grand Hotel
- Overnight in Lusaka
Wednesday 14 February – Lusaka
- 08h00 -13h00: Breakfast and Spotlight TravelExpo for trade.
- 13h30: End of TravelExpo
- Fly into Harare or stay in Lusaka
- Overnight in Harare or Lusaka
Thursday 15 February – Harare
- Fly into Harare if overnighted in Lusaka
- 18h00: Networking Cocktail party for top Travel Agents at ‘The Bistro’ Restaurant in Borrowdale
- Overnight Meikles Hotel
Friday 16 February
- 08h00 -12h30: Breakfast and Spotlight workshop for Travel Trade
- 12h30: End of TravelExpo
- Fly home
- Inter-Continental Hotel Lusaka (Workshop venue): Special Rate USD140 Single B&B. Contact: Inonge.Likando reservations (Quote – Reference Spotlight Expo). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: (260)211 250000
- Best Western Plus Lusaka Grand Hotel: Special rate of USD95 single B & B. Contact: email@example.com
- Meikles: Standard South Wing special rate for Spotlight is USD137 Single B&B. Contact: reservations (Quote – Reference Spotlight on Harare 2018). firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +263 4 707721 / 251705
Airport /Hotel transfers
All the above hotels provide an airport/hotel transfer service – please book these transfers when you make your reservation.
- No special offers – suggest you check with SAA, British Airways, Fast Jet to see the best deals.
- You will need to book a separate one-way ticket from Lusaka to Harare.
- There is a daily service on Emirates from Harare to Lusaka. Departs 19h00/20h05.
Costs Include: (See booking form for workshop costs)
- Workshop venue and catering expenses and extensive marketing campaign,
- Breakfast in the morning as specified on programme;
- Lunches during workshops;
- Two networking cocktail parties.
- Full database of all attendees for follow-up sales purposes.
- Listing + logo + 40-word company description in programme given to each attendee.
- Flights to Lusaka, from Lusaka to Harare and from Harare home.
- Airport transfers,
- Hotel accommodation, and
- Meals other than specified.