Aarhus (Jutland Denmark), Copenhagen (Denmark), Oslo (Norway) & Stockholm (Sweden)
20 – 24 November 2017
We are now finalising the programme for our Nordic workshops at the end of November 2017. Taking place 12 days after WTM and the week before IBTM World Barcelona.
For the past 10 years our traditional “Nordic Seashows” in November have all been a resounding success. Exhibitors were particularly impressed with the quality of the attendees enabling them to meet with the decision makers of most of the major long haul Outbound Operators, Incentive Travel DMC’s and Travel Agents in each country.
To promote outbound travel from Nordic Countries to Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands. For the 2017 Spotlight we have decided to hold workshops in the three most important Nordic source markets for Africa namely – Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
We have included Aarhus in the wealthy Jutland province of Denmark. Jutland is home to 2,5 million Danes. There are actually more outbound travellers from Jutland than from Copenhagen. Jutland cities – Aarhus, Aalborg and Billund -are well connected with flights from the UK, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris etc.
Sweden is the major market for Africa followed by Denmark, Norway and Finland. 2015 Tourist arrivals from Nordic countries to Africa were affected by the Ebola crisis and other factors. Tourism from the Nordic countries to Africa again increased significantly. Indications so far for 2017 also point to a healthy increase in arrivals.
Close to 100,000 tourists from the four Nordic countries visited South Africa in 2016 (Sweden 37623 arrivals; Denmark 25320; Norway 17809 and Finland 8584 tourists.)
Nordic arrivals into Kenya were well down in 2015 but arrivals into Kenya increased significantly in 2016.
Nordic citizens enjoy the highest average income in the world, and travel frequently. They are also known to spend more per trip on accommodation, meals etc than all other European Travellers!
Our Copenhagen workshop has always been very popular. We also attract a number of operators from Malmo & Southern Sweden to the Copenhagen workshop.
As Sweden represents the biggest market to Africa our Stockholm workshop has always been well attended by Senior Executives and Product Managers of all the major Africa Tour operators as well as travel agencies and Incentive Travel companies.
Norway is one of the fastest growing of the Nordic markets for Africa exhibitors at the 2016 Oslo workshop rated the buyers as the most enthusiastic and productive of all the workshops!
Though Finland is the smallest of the Nordic Markets in terms of arrivals to Africa, there are a number of important Africa tour operators in Helsinki and we plan to host up to 5 of these operators at our Stockholm Workshop.
We will also be hosting Buyers from The Baltic countries to attend in Stockholm.
Long haul travel from Nordic countries is on the increase with key destinations being Thailand, China, Vietnam, USA, Brazil and Australia.
Nordic countries are seen as key markets for Africa with an excellent growth potential.
WHO SHOULD EXHIBIT?
- African and Indian Ocean Island Hotel Groups,
- Safari Lodges,
- National, Provincial and City Tourism Offices,
- Car Rental,
- Golf and Sports Tour Operators.
WHO WILL ATTEND THE WORKSHOPS?
- Swedish, Danish and Norwegian Travel Agents;
- Outbound Tour Operators specialising in Africa/Indian Ocean Islands;
- Incentive Travel Companies;
- Travel Press; and
- Corporate Travel planners.
We expect 50 –60 trade attendees each in Aarhus, Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm.
For 2017 we aim to invite African & Indian Ocean Wholesalers & Tour Operators from Helsinki and the Baltic States (Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia) to attend the Spotlight workshops. We will pay their air fares (& accommodation if required). For the Copenhagen workshop we will be hosting buyers from Southern Sweden. For the Stockholm workshop we also pay the rail fares for buyers from Gothenburg and other towns in Sweden.
HOW WILL WORKSHOP ATTENDANCE BE PROMOTED?
- We will be doing banner advertising in the most important Travel Trade Publications and Ezines. These include, Travel Trade Outbound Scandinavia, Standby in Sweden, Standby and Take Off in Denmark, Travel News in Norway and Sweden.
These publications reach all the travel trade and significant numbers of Corporate and Incentive Travel Planners. We also plan to e-mail Corporate Travel Agency Associations and Outbound Incentive Travel Companies.
- In addition we have excellent mailing lists and e-mail addresses of all the Key Players in each Market and we are receiving considerable support from African airlines and Representation companies based in Scandinavia.
- All previous attendees will also be invited.
- The Public Relations Campaign will also target Travel Journalists (both Travel Trade and Consumer Travel Press) to generate publicity for the exhibitors and articles/press trips for on-going editorial exposure.
There will be a four hour afternoon & evening workshop in each city with a smorgasbord dinner. The workshop format will be a FREE FLOW table -top format.
Monday 20 November – Arrive Aarhus
- Arrive in Aarhus in the morning or on Sunday evening
- 16h00: Late afternoon & evening Workshop in at Scandic City Hotel.
- Overnight Aarhus.
Tuesday 21 November: Aarhus – Copenhagen
- Take the train from Aarhus to Copenhagen.
- 16h00: Late afternoon & evening Workshop in at Tivoli Hotel and Conference Center
- Overnight Tivoli Hotel Copenhagen.
Wednesday 22 November: Copenhagen – Oslo
- Fly to Oslo during the morning
- 16h00: Late afternoon & evening Workshop Scandic Solli.
- Overnight Scandic Solli in Oslo
Thursday 23 November: Oslo – Stockholm
- Fly to Stockholm during the morning. Free day in Stockholm for sales visits or sightseeing.
- Overnight Stockholm Quality Hotel Globe (Choice Hotels)
Friday 24 November: Stockholm
- 16h00: Late afternoon & evening Workshop – Quality Hotel Globe
- 13h00: End of workshops: Fly home or spend the night in Stockholm
- EUR3,200 for all four workshops plus EUR755 (4 night’s B & B accommodation at workshop venues).
Total : Euro 3955.
- All workshop expenses,
- Promotional costs,
- Breakfasts at hotels,
- Light cocktail snacks during workshops,
- 50 word description in official catalogue distributed to all attendees,
- Full contact address list of all attendees will be sent to exhibitors after the workshops.
COSTS DO NOT INCLUDE:
Air fare to Aarhus; rail fare Aarhus – Copenhagen: air fares – Copenhagen – Oslo – Stockholm and return air fare from Stockholm; taxis and airport transfers; Meals other than specified.
See accommodation booking form for details. Accommodation has been reserved at the workshop venues.
The optional cost of EUR755 includes one night B&B in Aarhus (Mon 20 November), Copenhagen (Tuesday 21 November); Oslo (Wednesday 22 November); Stockholm (Thursday 23 November).
Superior hotel rooms/cabins are also available at an additional cost.
We can also book accommodation in Aarhus for Sunday night (19 November) or after the workshop in Stockholm on (Friday 24 November).