Book now for Spotlight TravelExpo Gaborone!!
at the Gaborone International Convention Centre (The Grand Palm - Peermont Global)
Thank you to our sponsors and supporters
Our Spotlight Gabs TravelExpos over the past 17 years have always been a great success, with enthusiastic attendance by travel trade from all over Botswana.
At the 2023 TravelExpos, 21 exhibitors and 173 trade and corporates attended. 78 different travel agencies and tour operators attended (some with all their staff).
On Thursday evening, 15th February, we will once again have our VIP Networking Cocktail Party to enable exhibitors to meet with the directors and senior managers of the most important travel agencies in Gaborone.
The Gaborone TravelExpo will take place on Friday, 16 February: The TravelExpo is a 4-hour morning session followed by a networking lunch at Gaborone International Convention Centre.
This TravelExpo is a Spotlight on Everywhere … overseas travel, Africa, Indian Ocean islands, regional and domestic travel within Botswana.
The Outbound Market from Botswana
Gaborone is a thriving commercial centre in Southern Africa with a booming economy and it has become the centre of the global diamond industry.
Overseas travel is now increasing again and there are more than 50 IATA / Non-IATA travel agencies & many ITC’s in Botswana.
In particular there is a thriving interest for Indian Ocean island holidays.
This is an ideal chance for hotels, lodges and tourism organisations within Botswana and over the border in Madikwe, North West, Limpopo, Gauteng to promote their packages, lodges, shopping opportunities etc.
This TravelExpo will promote:
- Outbound overseas travel from Botswana
- Inter-regional travel from Botswana to South Africa and other African countries & Indian Ocean islands
- Domestic travel within Botswana
Who Should Participate (as Exhibitors):
- Hotels and safari lodges
- International airlines
- Indian Ocean islands tour operators
African hotels & DMC’s
- South African and African tourist boards
- Regional & city tourism associations
- Car rental companies
- Indian Ocean island beach resorts
- Cruise companies
- European coach tours
- Overseas tourist offices
- Insurance companies & other suppliers
We expect 25 – 30 exhibitors to participate in the TravelExpo
Profile of Buyers Attending
- Botswana corporate and leisure travel agents,
- Inbound and regional tour operators,
- Corporate travel planners (Secretaries),
- Government departments,
- NGO’s and embassies in Gaborone.
- Table-top TravelExpo – Free-flow (no scheduled appointments). A 4-hour session for approximately 150 – 175 trade attendees.
How Will the TravelExpo be promoted?
- Invitations will be sent using our specifically targeted databases to Botswana travel agencies (leisure and corporate)
- Inbound and regional tour operators, and major corporate travel accounts
- Frequent reminders will be sent via email and telephone follow-ups.
Thursday, 15 February – Gaborone
- Fly or drive into Gaborone.
- 18h00: VIP networking cocktail party for exhibitors with directors/managers of top travel agencies (venue to be confirmed)
- Overnight Gaborone at Walmont Hotel or Metcourt Inn (accommodation not included)
Friday, 16 February – Gaborone (GICC – The Grand Palm)
- 07h00: Exhibitors to set-up tables
- 08h30: Trade registration
- 09h00 – 13h00: Spotlight TravelExpo
- 13h00 – 14h00: Buffet lunch served
You will need two night’s accommodation (depending on late afternoon flight availability) on 15 and 16 February.
Indaba Lodge Gaborone
- Single occupancy: P1,165.00 B&B per room, per night
- Double occupancy: P1,265.00 B&B per room, per night
No special offers available – we suggest you check with Air Botswana, & Airlink to find the best deals.
(See booking form for TravelExpo costs).
- TravelExpo venue and catering expenses and extensive marketing campaign
- VIP cocktail party on 15 February
- Light breakfast & lunch on 16 February
- Two representatives at the table
- Full database of all attendees for follow up sales purposes
- Listing, logo and 50-word company description in exhibitor directory given to each attendee
- Flights to Gaborone
- Airport transfers & taxis in Gaborone
- Hotel accommodation (trade rates are being negotiated)
- Meals other than specified
- For more than two representatives per table there will be an extra fee of USD30/ZAR550 per person to cover catering costs.
Booking Form: Spotlight Gaborone 2024
DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND COSTS ARE PROVISIONAL
Payment can be made either in USD or ZAR to Houston Travel Marketing Services in South Africa.
- All quoted costs are excluding South African VAT – payable by South African registered companies only
- Rand/Dollar Exchange Rates: Houston Travel Marketing Services reserves the right to increase the Rand and US Dollar cost of the workshops due to fluctuations in the exchange rates.