Lusaka is a fast growing commercial centre and the Zambian economy is thriving. Spotlight TravelExpo Lusaka will comprise a morning breakfast session on Wednesday 11 August at the Radisson Blu Hotel.
This workshop is a Spotlight on Everywhere….Overseas Travel, Africa, Regional and Domestic Travel within Zambia.
Overseas Travel is increasing and there are 85 IATA and Non IATA Travel Agencies in Zambia so it will be an ideal opportunity for Airlines, International Tourist Offices, Cruise Companies and Coach Tour Companies to network with agents.
Lusaka residents are great weekend travellers to game parks, Livingstone, Kariba and further afield to South Africa. This TravelExpo is an ideal opportunity for Hotels, Lodges and Tourism Organisations within Zambia to promote their packages, Lodges, Shopping Opportunities etc.
Being a land-locked country; Indian Ocean beach holidays to Zanzibar, Mauritius & Seychelles are also very popular in Zambia.
Spotlight also has the full support of TAAZ (Travel Agents Association of Zambia) who will send regular invites out to their members.
At the 2020 LUSAKA Travel Expo 24 Exhibitors Including airlines, hotels, beach resorts and safari lodges from South Africa, Zanzibar, Seychelles, Zambia, Tanzania & Zimbabwe participated and 111 Travel Trade from Lusaka and the Copperbelt attended. 43 Managers and Directors of Travel agencies also attended our Spotlight VIP Cocktail party in conjunction with TAAZ.
The Lusaka Spotlight TravelExpo will promote:
- Outbound Overseas Travel from Zambia
- Inter-regional Travel from Zambia to Southern Africa and other African countries and Indian Ocean islands
- Domestic Travel within Zambia
Who Should Exhibit?
- Hotels, Resorts and Safari Lodges
- African Hotel Groups
- International & Regional Airlines
- Tour Operators
- National and Provincial Tourist Boards
- Regional & City Tourism Associations
- Car Rental
- Cruise Companies
- European Coach Tours
- Overseas Tourist Offices
We expect 25 – 30 Exhibitors to participate
Profile of buyers attending
- Zambian Corporate and Leisure Travel Agents,
- Inbound and Regional Tour Operators,
- Corporate Travel Planners (Secretaries), in particular Government departments, NGO’s and Embassies in Lusaka
We expect approximately 100 Travel Trade attendees.
How Will the Workshop Attendance Be Promoted?
- I have appointed Conference Companies in Zambia to send out invitations and chase-up registrations.
- Invitations will be sent using our specifically targeted databases to Travel Agencies (Leisure and Corporate), Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, and major Corporate Travel Accounts.
- Spotlight also has the full support of TAAZ (Travel Agents Association of Zambia) who send regular invites out to their members.
- Frequent reminders will be sent via, email, Facebook and telephone follow-ups.
The TravelExpo will be a Free-flow Format (i.e no fixed Appointments). Each exhibitor will have a table (approx. one metre long by 800 mm deep). We provide white table cloths but suggest you bring your own colourful table cloth with you. A maximum of two pop-up banners per table will be allowed. No posters etc. can be fixed to the walls. If you are using a laptop please bring your own extension cords/adaptors and multi-plugs. We do however recommend that you use an IPAD for your presentations.
Tuesday 10 August
- Arrive Lusaka, Overnight
- 19h00: Exhibitor Briefing
Wednesday 11 August – Venue TBA
- 08h00 – 09h00: Set-up, Registration/Arrival, coffee / tea break
- 09h00 – 13h30: Morning Workshop Session
- 11h00 – 11h30: Mid-morning coffee break
- 11h30 – 13h30: Afternoon Workshop Session
- 13h30 – 14h00: Buffet lunch & Prize draw
- 14h30: End of workshop
- USD550/ZAR9,000 per table
- Workshop, catering expenses and extensive marketing campaign
- Breakfast in the morning as specified on programme
- Lunches during workshops
- Full database of all attendees for follow up sales purposes.
- Listing + logo + 50 word company description in programme given to each attendee
Costs do not include:
Flights to Lusaka, airport transfers, hotel accommodation, and meals other than specified.