Following the outstanding success of the Spotlight 2019 workshop in Windhoek, we have now finalized the date for Spotlight Windhoek 2021.
The 2019 Workshops were attended by 88 Managers/Consultants from 29 different companies (plus a few Branches of agencies). Agencies from Swakopmund and Walvis Bay were also well represented.
24 Exhibitors representing Airlines, Cruises, Hotels, Beach Resorts, and Car Rental companies attended and promoted Maldives, Namibia, Seychelles, East Africa, Zimbabwe and South Africa.
I am also pleased to advise that Air Namibia and ANTA are fully supportive of this workshop and will assist us in inviting all the IATA and Non-IATA agents.
At the suggestion of ANTA we are again holding the workshop on a Saturday as this allows some of the Swakopmund and Walvis Bay agents to attend. Air Namibia will offer AD75 air tickets to Travel agents from Swakopmund and Walvis Bay to attend.
Regional African and Overseas Travel is increasing so it will be an ideal opportunity for Airlines, International Tourist Offices, Beach Resorts, Hotel Groups and Cruise Companies to network with agents.
The Spotlight Workshop will promote
- Inter-regional Travel from Namibia to African destinations and Indian Ocean Resorts
- Outbound Overseas Travel from Namibia
- Domestic Travel within Namibia
Profile of Buyers Attending
- Namibian Corporate and Leisure Travel Agents, ITC’s, Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, Corporate Travel Planners (Secretaries)
Spotlight workshop format
Round robin format – 10 minute timed sessions with each exhibitor
One 6-hour session on Saturday morning from 09h00 – 15h00 for approximately 90 trade attendees.
How Will The TravelExpo be Promoted
- I have appointed a well-known Namibian Events Company to send out invitations and chase-up registrations. Invitations will be sent using our specifically targeted databases to Travel Agencies (Leisure and Corporate), Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, and major Corporate Travel accounts.
- Air Namibia will be sending invites to all IATA Travel Agents as well as Non-IATA Agents & ITC’s based in Namibia. The Air Namibia Sales Team will actively encourage agents to attend the Spotlight workshop.
- The Namibian Travel Agents Association (ANTA) will also encourage their members to attend.
- Frequent reminders will be sent via email and telephone follow-ups.
Friday 12 March 2021
- Fly into Windhoek
- 19h00 – 21h00: Informal get together for exhibitors at Joe’s Bierhaus – typical German/Namibian restaurant. Drinks included. Meals can be ordered at your own cost.
- Overnight at Windhoek Country Club Resort (Legacy Hotels)
Saturday 13 March: Windhoek Country Club Resort
- 08h00 – 09h00: Exhibitors set up tables
- 09h00: Trade registration and light breakfast
- 09h30 – 15h00: Spotlight Travel Workshop for Trade
- 15h00 – 16h00: Lunch and prize draw
- 16h00: End of workshop
- Fly home
You will need a minimum of one night’s accommodation on Friday night.
Windhoek Country Club Resort (the venue for the workshop) is offering a special discounted rate: TBA. Please request when making your hotel reservations. Contact: Elroy Cloete firstname.lastname@example.org
Air Namibia will offer exhibitors discounts on Business Class and Economy class fares on their flights from JNB, CPT, GBE, LUN, HRE etc. to Windhoek (Please note these discounts do not apply to Promotional fares).
Air Namibia will provide a direct booking link or a promo code for exhibitors to book their discounted flights online.
Costs Include (See booking form for workshop costs)
- Venue and catering expenses
- Extensive marketing campaign
- Breakfast and lunch on 24 April
- Full database of all attendees for follow up sales purposes
- Listing + logo + 50 word company description in programme given to each attendee
Flights to Windhoek, Airport Transfers, Hotel Accommodation, Visa Fees, and meals other than specified.
- Full Page Advert in Directory: ZAR1,000
- Early Morning Coffee & Tea plus Video screened during workshop: ZAR5,000
- Mid – Morning Break plus Video screened during workshop: ZAR5,000
- Drinks during Lunch: ZAR5,000