Hilton Addis Ababa: 02 – 03 July 2018
Addis Ababa – or Addis as it is commonly known – is Ethiopia’s capital and the country’s largest city as it is home to at least 4 million people. It is often referred to as Africa’s diplomatic capital – the African Union (AU) and the UN Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) are headquartered in Addis Ababa, and more than 100 international missions and embassies are based there.
A top rated Washington DC Financial services firm ranked Ethiopia Number 3 on the fastest growing economies list.
Ethiopia with a total population of 95 million has averaged around 10.5% GDP annual growth over the last decade with a significant middle class population (who like to travel). Ethiopia’s GDP is expected to grow to $69.21 billion. Per capita annual income is now $760. Ethiopia intends to become an export powerhouse in the next decade through industrialisation Ethiopia’s economy is expected to overtake Kenya’s this year as the biggest economy in Eastern Africa, due to massive spending on infrastructure as well as major Foreign Investments.
Ethiopian Airlines is rapidly expanding its route network which is stimulating outbound leisure travel by Ethiopians to African and overseas destinations. Ethiopian Airlines now serves 58 destinations in Africa and more than 100 globally, making it the largest pan-African airline with the most destinations in the continent.
Ethiopian Airlines has been designated the Official carrier of Spotlight Travelexpo. Ethiopian Airlines’ Addis-based Sales team will be sending invites to all 95 IATA Travel agents as well as the 120 Non IATA Agents based in the capital. Ethiopian Airlines will actively encourage agents to attend Spotlight TravelExpo.
Kenya, Seychelles, Zanzibar, South Africa, China, Thailand, United Emirates, USA, Europe are the most popular destinations for Ethiopian travellers.
Spotlight TravelExpo is supported by Ethiopian Travel Agents Association (ETAA) the Ethiopian Tour Operators Association (ETOA) and Ethiopian Airlines.
Spotlight TravelExpo Addis Ababa will comprise two events:
- A VIP Cocktail Party for 30 Top Travel Agency / Tour Operator Owners & Directors in co-operation with ETAA, ETOA and Ethiopian Airlines on Monday evening 02 July. Sponsored by Hilton Hotel Addis Ababa.
- A four-hour morning TravelExpo session on Tuesday 03 July at Hilton Addis Ababa Hotel.
Regional African and Overseas Travel is increasing so it will be an ideal opportunity for Airlines, International Tourist Offices, Beach Resorts, Hotel Groups and Cruise Companies to network with agents.
The Spotlight TravelExpo will promote:
- Inter-regional Travel from Ethiopia to Eastern Africa, Indian Ocean Resorts and other African countries
- Outbound Overseas Travel from Ethiopia
- Domestic Travel within Ethiopia
Who Should Participate (As Exhibitors):
- Hotels and Safari Lodges
- International Airlines
- African and Overseas Tourist Offices
- Tour Operators
- Regional & City Tourism Associations
- Car Rental Companies
- Beach Resorts
- Cruise Companies
- European Coach Tours
We expect 20 Exhibitors to participate at the TravelExpo.
Profile of Buyers Attending:
- Ethiopian Corporate and Leisure Travel Agents,
- Inbound and Regional Tour Operators,
- Corporate Travel Planners (Secretaries), in particular Government departments, NGO’s and Embassies in Addis, and
Table-top workshop – Free Flow (not scheduled appointments). One 4-hour breakfast session for approximately 90-100 trade attendees.
How the TravelExpo Will be Promoted?
- I have appointed ETOA to send out invitations and chase up registrations. Invitations will be sent using our specifically targeted databases to Travel Agencies (Leisure and Corporate), Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, and major Corporate Travel accounts.
- The Ethiopian Airlines Addis-based sales team will be sending invites to all 95 IATA Travel Agents as well as the 120 Non-IATA Agents based in the capital. Ethiopian Airlines will actively encourage agents to attend Spotlight TravelExpo.
- The Ethiopian Travel Agents Association (ETAA) will also encourage their members to attend.
- Frequent reminders will be sent via email and telephone follow-ups.
Monday 02 July: Hilton Addis Ababa Hotel
- Fly into Addis
- 19h00 – 21h00: VIP Cocktail Party for 30 Top Travel Agency / Tour Operator Owners & Directors in co-operation with ETAA, ETOA and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Overnight at Hilton Addis Ababa Hotel
Tuesday 03 July: Hilton Addis Ababa Hotel
- 08h30 – 12h30: Breakfast and Spotlight TravelExpo for Trade
- 12h30 – 13h30: Light lunch and prize draw
- 13h30: End of Travel Expo.
- Fly home or on to Nairobi for Spotlight Nairobi 04,05 & 06 July
You will need a minimum of one night’s accommodation on Monday night.
Hilton Addis Ababa Hotel (the venue for The cocktail party & the TravelExpo) are offering a room rate of USD120.00 B&B (subject to 15% tax and 10% service charge) – approx. $151 including taxes.
The Hotel can arrange airport transfer for you for $13 per person. Please request when making your hotel reservations.
- South African passport holders can obtain visas on arrival at the airport. Cost $50.
- If required other exhibitors can apply for visas from their nearest Ethiopian Embassy.
- Houston Travel Marketing Services can provide letters of support for visa applications.
Costs Include (See booking form for workshop costs):
- Cocktail Party on 02 July,
- Workshop venue and catering expenses,
- An extensive marketing campaign,
- Breakfast and finger lunch on 03 July,
- Full database of all attendees for follow up sales purposes.
- Listing + logo + 40 word company description in programme given to each attendee.
Flights to Addis, Airport Transfers, Hotel Accommodation, Visa Fees, and meals other than specified above.