Stockholm (Sweden) Oslo (Norway) & Copenhagen (Denmark)
20-22 November 2018
For the past 11 years our traditional Nordics roadshows in November have all been a resounding success. Exhibitors were particularly impressed with the quality of the attendees enabling them to meet with the decision makers of most of the major long haul outbound operators, Incentive Travel DMC’s and Travel Agents in each country.
We always aim for quality rather than quantity
Not only did we attract the major African Tour Operators & Wholesalers but it was significant that Managing Directors and Senior Executives took the time to visit Spotlight. Operators from Finland, Estonia and in Norway from Bergen and Trondheim also attended Spotlight 2017.
The interest in Africa and Indian Ocean islands is growing rapidly in the Nordic countries and it was encouraging to meet so many new operators who were planning to introduce Africa & Indian Ocean programmes in 2018.
The Spotlight Nordics roadshow takes place 12 days after WTM and the week before IBTM World Barcelona.
To promote outbound travel from Nordic Countries to Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands. For the 2018 Spotlight we have decided to hold workshops in the three most important Nordic source markets for Africa namely – Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
Sweden is the major market for Africa followed by Denmark, Norway and Finland. 2015 Tourist arrivals from Nordic countries to Africa were affected by the Ebola crisis and other factors. During 2017 tourism from the Nordic countries to Africa again increased significantly. Indications so far for 2018 also point to a healthy increase in arrivals.
106,000 tourists from the four Nordic countries visited South Africa in 2017 (Sweden – 48552 arrivals; Denmark – 28679; Norway – 19249 and Finland – 10127 tourists). Nordic arrivals into Kenya were well down in 2015 but 2017 arrivals into Kenya increased significantly to 32000 (12000 from Sweden, 8500 from Norway 8300 from Denmark and 3000 from Finland).
Nordic citizens enjoy the highest average income in the world, and travel frequently. They are also known to spend more per trip on accommodation, meals etc than all other European Travellers!
As Sweden represents the biggest market to Africa our Stockholm workshop has always been well attended by Senior Executives and Product Managers of all the major Africa Tour Operators as well as Travel Agencies and Incentive Travel Companies.
Norway is one of the fastest growing of the Nordic markets for Africa. Exhibitors at the 2017 Oslo workshop rated the buyers as the most enthusiastic and productive of all the workshops!
Our Copenhagen workshop has always been very popular. We also attract a number of operators from Malmo & Southern Sweden to the Copenhagen workshop. For 2018 we will also host buyers from Aarhus where 10 Operators specialising in Africa/Indian Ocean islands are located.
Though Finland is the smallest of the Nordic Markets in terms of arrivals to Africa, there are a number of important Africa Tour Operators in Helsinki and we plan to host up to 5 of these operators at our Stockholm Workshop.
We will also be hosting Buyers from the Baltic countries to attend in Stockholm.
Long haul travel from Nordic countries is on the increase with key destinations being Thailand, China, Vietnam, USA, Brazil and Australia.
Nordic countries are seen as key markets for Africa & Indian Ocean with an excellent growth potential.
WHO SHOULD EXHIBIT?
African and Indian Ocean Island:
- Hotel Groups,
- Safari Lodges,
- National, Provincial and City Tourism Offices,
- Car Rental Companies,
- Golf and Sports Tour Operators.
WHO WILL ATTEND THE WORKSHOPS?
Swedish, Danish and Norwegian:
- Outbound Tour Operators specialising in Africa/Indian Ocean Islands;
- Incentive Travel Companies;
- Travel Agents;
- Travel Press
- Corporate Travel Planners.
At the 2017 roadshow we had an attendance of 101 Travel Trade over 3 sessions (Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm). From the 55 Travel Companies present 60 of the staff attending were from Tour Operators and 41 from Incentive Travel Companies / Travel Agencies.
We expect 30-40 trade attendees each in Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen.
Our aim is “Quality more than Quantity” and we specifically target attendance by Senior Management of Tour Operators specialising in Africa & Indian Ocean Islands.
For 2018 we will to invite African & Indian Ocean Wholesalers & Tour Operators from Helsinki and the Baltic States (Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia) to attend the Spotlight Workshops in Stockholm. We will pay their air fares (& accommodation if required). For the Stockholm workshop we also pay the rail fares for buyers from Gothenburg and other towns in Sweden.
For the Copenhagen workshop we will be hosting buyers from Aarhus (Jutland) & Southern Sweden.
HOW WILL WORKSHOP ATTENDANCE BE PROMOTED?
- We will be doing banner advertising in the most important Travel Trade publications and Ezines. These include, Travel Trade Outbound Scandinavia, Standby in Sweden, Standby and Take Off in Denmark, Travel News in Norway and Sweden. These publications reach all the Travel Trade and significant numbers of Corporate and Incentive Travel Planners.
- We also plan to e-mail corporate Travel Agency Associations and Outbound Incentive Travel Companies.
- In addition we have excellent mailing lists and e-mail addresses of all the key-players in each Market and we are receiving considerable support from African Airlines and Representation Companies based in Scandinavia.
- All previous attendees will also be invited.
- The Public Relations Campaign will also target Travel Journalists (both Travel Trade and Consumer Travel Press) to generate publicity for the Exhibitors and articles/press trips for on-going editorial exposure.
There will be a four hour morning workshop in each city with a smorgasbord lunch. The workshop format will be a FREE FLOW table -top format.
Monday 19 November – Arrive Stockholm
- Arrive in Stockholm in the morning or on Sunday evening
- 19h00: Exhibitor Welcome Party and Briefing (venue to be advised)
- Overnight Stockholm at Scandic Norra Bantorget Hotel.
Tuesday 20 November: Stockholm – Oslo
- 09h00 – 13h00: Spotlight Workshop at STOCCC – Stockholm City Conference Centre AB (opposite Hotel Norra Bantorget).
- Late Pm: Take the train from Stockholm to Oslo. (Journey time 5 hours).
- Arrive at 22h00: It is actually quicker and cheaper than flying!
- Overnight Scandic Solli Hotel in Oslo
Wednesday 21 November Oslo – Copenhagen
- 09h00 – 13h00: Spotlight workshop at Scandic Solli Hotel
- Late Pm: Fly to Copenhagen
- Overnight Tivoli Hotel and Conference Center Copenhagen
Thursday 22 November: Copenhagen
- 09h00 – 13h00: Spotlight Workshop at Tivoli Hotel and Conference Center Copenhagen
- End of Spotlight workshops.
- Fly home or overnight in Copenhagen.
Euro EUR3,200 total for all three workshops + EUR610 for 3 night’s accommodation = Total EUR3,810 / USD4,700
- All workshop expenses,
- Promotional costs,
- Breakfasts at hotels,
- Lunch during workshops,
- 40 Word descriptions in Official Catalogue distributed to all attendees,
- Full contact address list of all attendees will be sent to exhibitors after the workshops.
COSTS DO NOT INCLUDE:
Air fare to Stockholm; rail fare Stockholm – Oslo: air fare Oslo – Copenhagen and return air fare from Copenhagen; taxis and airport transfers; Meals other than specified.
See accommodation booking form for details. Accommodation has been reserved at the workshop venues. The optional cost of EUR610 includes one night B&B in Stockholm (Mon 19 November), Oslo (Tuesday 20 November); Copenhagen (Wednesday 21 November).
Superior hotel rooms/cabins are also available at an additional cost.
We can also book accommodation in Stockholm for Sunday night 18 November or after the workshop in Copenhagen on Thursday 22 November.
Due to venue sizes the maximum number of tables is set at 23. Once we have 23 tables confirmed; bookings will close. First Come First Served. We have a limit of TWO DMC’s per country. Full payment is due no later than on 01 October 2018.