After a very successful Spotlight on Africa & Indian Ocean TravelExpo in Arusha in 2018, we are returning this year.
The TravelExpo will take place on 31 January 2019 at the Mount Meru Hotel
Arusha is the home to hundreds of Tanzanian Inbound Tour Operators who are significant suppliers of bed-nights to Zanzibar and Tanzanian beach resorts and hotels.
My sources tell me that early in the New Year every resort and hotel in Zanzibar and DAR make sales trips to Arusha to meet Inbound Tour Operators to contract new rates advise on new developments, offer specials etc etc.
SPOTLIGHT therefore offers these resorts and hotels the opportunity to meet and negotiate with Arusha Inbound Tour Operators in one venue instead of spending hours and hours in Arusha traffic going from office to office!
Primarily to offer Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam Hotels and Safari Lodges the opportunity of meeting Arusha-based Inbound Tour Operators, Arusha-based Travel Agents, NGO’s and Corporates.
Who Should Exhibit?
- Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam Hotel groups, Tanzanian and Kenyan safari lodges; car rental, airlines.
- Nairobi Hotels seeking corporate business from Arusha and Kenya coast resorts wanting to engage with Tanzanian inbound operators should also exhibit.
Who will attend the TravelExpo?
- Arusha-based Inbound Tour Operators specialising in East Africa/Indian Ocean Islands; Arusha-based Travel Agents and Arusha NGO’s/UN/Corporate companies.
- We will also invite Nairobi Inbound Tour Operators to attend.
- We expect 100 attendees at the workshop.
How will the TravelExpo attendance be promoted?
- We will use our extensive databases for emailing out invitations. Airlines attending also send invitations to their Travel Agency/Corporate databases.
- We have appointed a well-known Tanzanian Tourism Marketing company to assist us with sending out the invitations and managing the registrations.
Entrance will be free of charge for all trade and corporates.
The Spotlight TravelExpo will be four-hours long. The TravelExpo format will be a FREEFLOW table top format with approximately 20 tables.
- all TravelExpo expenses,
- promotional costs;
- Cocktail party;
- 30-word description and company logo on the Event website and in the official catalogue distributed to all attendees;
- full contact address list of all attendees (and no shows) will be sent to exhibitors after the workshops.
Thursday 31 January – Arusha
- 13h00: Exhibitors set up tables at Mount Meru Hotel Conference Centre
- 14h00: Travel Trade registration; tea and coffee
- 14h30-18h30: Spotlight TravelExpo
- 18h30 -20h00: Networking Cocktail Party
- End of Spotlight Workshop
All sponsorships include a 5 minute video presentation on your product service.
- Branded Tea and coffee station and Sandwiches on arrival: USD1,000
- Welcome Drink at Cocktail Party: USD1,300
- Cocktail Party Snacks: USD2000
- Wine Tasting at Cocktail Party: USD1500