At the 2018 LUSAKA Travel Expo 28 Exhibitors including Airlines, Hotels, Beach Resorts and Safari Lodges from South Africa, Zanzibar, Seychelles, Zambia, Tanzania & Zimbabwe participated and 141 Travel Trade from Lusaka and the Copperbelt attended. This year we will be back on 12 – 13 February
Lusaka is a fast growing commercial centre and the Zambian economy is thriving.
Spotlight TravelExpo Lusaka will comprise a Networking Cocktail Party with major Travel agencies on Tuesday evening 12th February and a morning breakfast session on Wednesday 13th February.
This workshop is a Spotlight on Everywhere … Overseas Travel, Africa, Regional and Domestic Travel within Zambia.
Overseas Travel is increasing and there are 85 IATA and non-IATA Travel Agencies in Zambia so it will be an ideal opportunity for Airlines, International Tourist offices, Cruise Companies and Coach Tour Companies to network with agents.
Lusaka residents are great weekend travellers to the game parks, Livingstone, Kariba and further afield to South Africa.
This TravelExpo is an ideal opportunity for Hotels, Lodges and Tourism Organisations within Zambia to promote their packages, lodges, shopping opportunities etc.
Being a land locked country Indian Ocean beach holidays are also very popular.
The Lusaka Spotlights will promote:
- Outbound Overseas Travel from Zambia
- Inter-regional Travel from Zambia to Southern Africa and other African countries and Indian Ocean islands.
Tuesday 12 February
- 18h00: Welcome cocktail Party for Exhibitors to meet the Managers of the most important Lusaka Travel Agencies & Tour Operators.
Wednesday 13th February
- 08h00 – 14h00: Spotlight TravelExpo Lusaka
- End of Spotlight Lusaka TravelExpo or proceed to Spotlight Harare (Zimbabwe)
Profile of Buyers Attending:
Zambian Corporate and Leisure Travel Agents, Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, Corporate Travel Planners (Secretaries), in particular Government departments, NGO’s and Embassies in Lusaka and Press.
Table-top workshop – Free Flow (not scheduled appointments) – 3-hour breakfast session for approx 80 – 90 trade attendees.
How will the workshop be promoted?
- I have appointed conference companies in Zambia to send out invitations and chase-up registrations.
- Invitations will be sent using our specifically targeted databases to Travel Agencies (Leisure and Corporate), Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, and major Corporate Travel accounts.
- Spotlight also has the full support of TAAZ (Travel Agents Association of Zambia) who send regular invites out to their members.
- Frequent reminders will be sent via fax mail, email and telephone follow-ups.