Lusaka is a fast growing commercial centre and the Zambian economy is thriving. Spotlight TravelExpo Lusaka will comprise a Networking Cocktail Party with major Travel Agencies on Tuesday evening 11th February at the Latitude 15⁰ Hotel and a morning breakfast session on Wednesday 12th February at the Radisson Blu Hotel.
This workshop is a Spotlight on Everywhere….Overseas Travel, Africa, Regional and Domestic Travel within Zambia.
Overseas Travel is increasing and there are 85 IATA and Non IATA Travel Agencies in Zambia so it will be an ideal opportunity for Airlines, International Tourist Offices, Cruise Companies and Coach Tour Companies to network with agents.
Lusaka residents are great weekend travellers to the game parks, Livingstone, Kariba and further afield to South Africa. This Expo is an ideal opportunity for Hotels, Lodges and Tourism organisations within Zambia to promote their packages, Lodges, Shopping Opportunities etc.
Being a land-locked country; Indian Ocean beach holidays to Zanzibar, Mauritius & Seychelles are also very popular in Zambia.
Spotlight also has the full support of TAAZ (Travel Agents Association of Zambia) who will send regular invites out to their members.
At the 2019 LUSAKA Travel Expo 28 Exhibitors including airlines, hotels, beach resorts and safari lodges from South Africa, Zanzibar, Seychelles, Zambia, Tanzania & Zimbabwe participated and 110 Travel Trade from Lusaka and the Copperbelt attended.
The Lusaka Spotlight TravelExpo will promote:
- Outbound Overseas travel from Zambia
- Inter-regional Travel from Zambia to Southern Africa and other African countries and Indian Ocean islands
- Domestic Travel within Zambia
Who Should Exhibit?
- Hotels and Safari Lodges
- International Airlines
- Tour Operators
- Provincial Tourist Boards
- Regional & City Tourism Associations
- Car Rental
- Beach Resorts
- Cruise Companies
- European Coach Tours
- Overseas Tourist Offices
We expect 25 – 30 Exhibitors to participate
Profile of buyers attending
- Zambian Corporate and Leisure Travel Agents
- Inbound and Regional Tour Operators
- Corporate Travel Planners (Secretaries), in particular Government departments, NGO’s and Embassies in Lusaka
We expect approximately 100 Travel Trade attendees. Our aim is “Quality more than Quantity” and we specifically target attendance by Senior Management of Tour Operators specialising in Africa & Indian Ocean islands.
How Will Workshop Attendance Be Promoted?
- I have appointed Conference Companies in Zambia to send out invitations and chase-up registrations.
- Invitations will be sent using our specifically targeted databases to Travel Agencies (Leisure and Corporate), Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, and major Corporate Travel Accounts.
- Spotlight also has the full support of TAAZ (Travel Agents Association of Zambia) who send regular invites out to their members.
- Frequent reminders will be sent via, email, Facebook and telephone follow-ups.
Table-top workshop – Free-flow (not scheduled appointments). 4-hour session for approximately 100 trade attendees.
Tuesday 11th February – Latitude 15⁰
- 18h00: Welcome Cocktail Party for Exhibitors to meet the Managers of the most important Lusaka Travel Agencies and Tour Operators – sponsored by Latitude 15⁰ Hotel
Wednesday 12th February – Radisson Blu
- 08h00 – 09h30: Set-up, Registration/Arrival, coffee / tea break
- 09h30 – 13h30: Morning Workshop Session
- 11h30 – 12h00: Mid-morning coffee break
- 13h30 – 14h00: Buffett lunch & Prize draw
- 14h00: End of workshop
- USD630/ZAR9,450 per table
- Workshop, catering expenses and extensive marketing campaign
- Breakfast in the morning as specified on programme
- Lunches during workshops
- One networking cocktail party
- Full database of all attendees for follow up sales purposes.
- Listing + logo + 50 word company description in programme given to each attendee
Costs do not include:
Flights to Lusaka, airport transfers, hotel accommodation, and meals other than specified.