Copenhagen (Denmark) Oslo (Norway) & Stockholm (Sweden)
25 – 29 November 2019
For the past 12 years our traditional Nordics roadshows in November have been a resounding success.
Exhibitors were particularly impressed with the quality of the attendees enabling them to meet with the decision-makers of most of the major long-haul Outbound Operators, Incentive Travel DMC’s and Travel Agents in each country.
We always aim for quality rather than quantity.
Not only did we attract the major African Tour Operators & Wholesalers but it was significant that Managing Directors and Senior Executives took the time to visit Spotlight. Operators from Finland, Estonia and in Norway from Bergen and Trondheim also attended Spotlight 2018.
The interest in Africa and Indian Ocean Islands is growing rapidly in the Nordic countries and it was encouraging to meet so many new operators who were planning to introduce Africa & Indian Ocean programmes in 2019.
17 African & Indian Ocean exhibitors participated on the 2018 roadshow to Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen.
- In Stockholm we had an attendance of 32 trade with 25 different Tour Operators/Agencies represented.
- In Oslo 28 attendees from 15 Operators/Agents
- In Copenhagen we attracted 50 Trade from 28 different Operators and Agents (including 4 Southern Swedish Operators)
- A total of 68 companies attended over the three days!
At the request of past exhibitors we have again decided to include the famous Spotlight Sea-show element again with an overnight DFDS cruise from Copenhagen to Oslo.
The Spotlight Nordics roadshow takes place 12 days after WTM and the week after IBTM World Barcelona.
To promote Outbound Travel from Nordic Countries to Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands. For the 2018 Spotlight we have decided to hold workshops in the three most important Nordic source markets for Africa namely Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
Sweden is the major market for Africa followed by Denmark, Norway and Finland. During 2018 tourism from the Nordic countries to Africa again increased significantly. Indications so far for 2019 also point to a healthy increase in arrivals.
106,000 tourists from the four Nordic countries visited South Africa in 2018. (Sweden 48740 arrivals; Denmark 27649; Norway 19282 and Finland 10430 tourists). Nordic arrivals into Kenya in 2018 totalled 32000 (12000 from Sweden, 8500 from Norway 8300 from Denmark and 3000 from Finland)
Nordic citizens enjoy the highest average income in the world, and travel frequently. They are also known to spend more per trip on accommodation, meals etc. than all other European Travellers!
As Sweden represents the biggest market to Africa our Stockholm workshop has always been well attended by Senior Executives and Product Managers of all the major Africa Tour Operators as well as Travel Agencies and Incentive Travel Companies.
Norway is one of the fastest growing of the Nordic markets for Africa. Exhibitors at the 2018 Oslo workshop rated the buyers as the most enthusiastic and productive of all the workshops!
Our Copenhagen workshop has always been very popular. We also attract a number of operators from Malmo & Southern Sweden to the Copenhagen workshop. For 2019 we will also host buyers from Aarhus where 10 Operators specialising in Africa/Indian Ocean islands are located.
Though Finland is the smallest of the Nordic Markets in terms of arrivals to Africa, there are a number of important Africa Tour Operators in Helsinki and we plan to host up to 5 of these operators at our Stockholm Workshop. We will also be hosting Buyers from the Baltic countries to attend in Stockholm.
Long-haul travel from Nordic countries is on the increase with key destinations being Thailand, China, Vietnam, USA, Brazil and Australia. Nordic countries are seen as key markets for Africa & Indian Ocean with an excellent growth potential.
Who Should Exhibit?
African and Indian Ocean Island:
- Hotel groups
- Inbound Tour Operators
- Incentive DMC’s
- Safari Lodges
- National, Provincial and City Tourism Offices
- Car Rental
- Golf and Sports Tour Operators
Who Will Attend The Workshops?
Swedish, Danish and Norwegian:
- Outbound Tour Operators specialising in Africa/Indian Ocean Islands
- Incentive Travel Companies
- Travel Agents
- Travel Press
- Corporate Travel Planners
We expect 30-40 trade attendees each in Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm.
Our aim is “Quality more than Quantity” and we specifically target attendance by Senior Management of Tour Operators specialising in Africa & Indian Ocean islands.
How Will Workshop Attendance Be Promoted?
- We will be doing banner advertising in the most important Travel Trade publications and Ezines. These include, Travel Trade Outbound Scandinavia, Standby in Sweden, Standby and Take Off in Denmark, Travel News in Norway and Sweden. These publications reach all the Travel Trade and significant numbers of Corporate and Incentive Travel Planners.
- We also plan to e-mail Corporate Travel Agency Associations and Outbound Incentive Travel companies.
- In addition we have excellent mailing lists and e-mail addresses of all the Key Players in each Market.
- We are receiving considerable support from African airlines and Representation Companies based in Scandinavia.
- All previous attendees will also be invited.
- The Public Relations campaign will also target Travel Journalists (both Travel Trade and Consumer Travel Press) to generate publicity for the Exhibitors and articles/press trips for on- going editorial exposure.
The workshop format will be a FREE FLOW table-top format
November 2019 Programme
Monday November 25: Tivoli Hotel & Conference Centre – Copenhagen
- Arrive Copenhagen
- 19h00: Welcome Party at Tivoli Biergarten
- Overnight Tivoli Conference Center Hotel
Tuesday 26 November – Tivoli Hotel & Conference Centre
- 09h30 – 13h30: Morning workshop for Danish and Southern Sweden Trade
- 16h00: Depart by DFDS Ship to Oslo – Overnight sailing. Dinner & breakfast included. Accommodation in Standard Sea-view Cabins
Wednesday 27 November – Scandic Solli Hotel – Oslo
- 10h00: arrive Oslo. Transfer to Scandic Solli Hotel
- 15h00 – 20h00: Spotlight Workshop & Networking Cocktail Party for Norwegian Trade
- Overnight Scandic Solli Hotel
Thursday 28 November – Scandic Norra Bantorget Hotel – Stockholm
- 08h00: Depart by train or air to Stockholm
- 13h00: Arrive Stockholm. Transfer to Scandic Norra Bantorget Hotel
- 15h00 – 20h00: Stockholm City Conference Centre: Spotlight Workshop & Cocktail Party for Swedish Trade & also Hosted buyers from Finland & Baltic States
- Overnight Scandic Bantorget Hotel
Friday 29 November
- Breakfast included at hotel
- Depart for home
EUR3,200 + EUR800 for 4 nights hotel/cruise-ship accommodation.
- All workshop expenses
- Promotional costs
- Breakfasts at hotels, lunch during Copenhagen workshop, two Cocktail parties in Oslo and Stockholm; dinner on board DFDS cruise
- 50-word descriptions in official catalogue distributed to all attendees
- Full contact address list of all attendees will be sent to exhibitors after the workshops
Costs do not include
Air-fare to Copenhagen; rail- or air-fare Oslo – Stockholm; and return air-fare from Stockholm; taxis and airport transfers; meals other than specified.
Accommodation has been reserved at the workshop venues. The optional cost of EUR800 includes:
- One night B&B in Copenhagen Hotel Tivoli (Mon 25 November)
- One night in outside cabin on DFDS Cruise ship on dinner & breakfast basis (Tuesday 26th November)
- One night in Scandic Solli Hotel Oslo (Wednesday 27 November)
- One night at Scandic Bantorget Copenhagen (Thursday 28 November)
Superior hotel rooms / cabins are also available at an additional cost.
We can also book accommodation in Copenhagen for Sunday night 24 November or after the workshop in Stockholm on Friday 29 November.
Due to venue sizes the maximum number of tables is set at 23. Once we have 23 tables confirmed bookings will close. First Come first served. We have a limit of TWO DMC’s per country. Full payment is due no later than on 01 September.