The Israeli Market to Africa & Indian Ocean Islands is growing rapidly.
During 2018, 7.9 million trips by Israelis were made (by air) – a 12% increase compared to 2017. These trips were made by 4.1 million Israelis (+8%) out of which 2.2m traveled once and 1.9m twice or more.
This trend also continued during the first 9 months of 2019 when approx 6.4 million trips abroad were made by Israelis – an increase of 3.4% compared to the same period in 2018.
The total population of Israel is 9 million which means that almost half of the total population travelled abroad in 2018. The average age of Israelis traveling abroad is 40.
The main reasons for this high and constant increase of outbound traffic is the relative quiet military situation; the positive state of the Israeli economy; the decreased fuel costs, the strong value of the local currency and the open-sky policy which allows more airlines to fly to Israel increasing competition and lowering airfares.
Last year 26,000 Israelis visited South Africa and 6000 went to Kenya. Israel has also become a prime target market for Tanzania (in particular Zanzibar) with 20,000 arrivals in 2018.
Rwandair and Air Seychelles have recently started flights to Tel Aviv while Ethiopian Airlines flies daily from Addis to Tel Aviv. There are also Israeli charter services into Zanzibar.
This increased interest in the Israeli Market has prompted Houston Travel Marketing to arrange a Spotlight workshop in Tel Aviv on 30 March.
Houston has teamed up with PITA Marketing – Israel’s leading Tourism Marketing Company to organise this one day workshop.
A maximum of 20 Exhibitors from Africa/Indian Ocean will be invited and they will participate on 20 Table-top Round-robin sessions with the leading Israeli Outbound Tour operators, wholesalers & Incentive Travel DMC’s who sell Africa.
The full-day workshop will be followed by a networking cocktail party which will also be attended by Israeli travel press.
You cannot miss the opportunity of infiltrating into the booming Israeli outbound market
Who should exhibit?
- Hotels and Safari Lodges
- Beach Resorts
- International airlines
- Africa & Indian Ocean Inbound Tour Operators
- African & Indian Ocean Island Tourist Boards
- Provincial & City Tourism Associations
- Car Rental Companies
We expect 20 Exhibitors to participate.
Profile of Buyers Attending
Israeli Outbound Tour Operators & Wholesalers who sell Africa / Indian Ocean; Incentive DMC’s; Corporate and Leisure Travel Agents actively selling Africa & Indian Ocean.
We expect 30 – 40 trade to attend from 25 – 30 different companies.
Our aim is “Quality rather than Quantity” and we will specifically target attendance by senior Management of Israeli Tour Operators / Wholesalers specialising in Africa and Indian Ocean islands.
Spotlight Workshop Format
Table-top round-robin. One six-hour session with ten minute B2B sessions.
How will the Spotlight workshop be promoted
- PITA Marketing; our Israel-based tourism marketing partners; will be identifying all the major Outbound Tour Operators selling Africa and will send invitations for them to attend
- PITA will also invite Incentive DMC’s who send groups to Africa as well as the major Travel Agencies – Leisure and Corporate
- Frequent reminders will be sent via email and telephone follow-ups
Saturday 12 December or Sunday 13 December
- Possibly arrive in Israel for sightseeing opportunities
Sunday 13 December
- 19h00: Exhibitor Welcome Party and briefing session at an Israeli restaurant. Drinks included. Meals can be ordered at your own cost.
- Overnight Hotel
Monday 14 December: Supra Geogian Restaurant Rothschild Street – Tel Aviv
- 07:30: Transfer by mini-bus to Supra Georgian Restaurant
- 09:30: Registration – coffee and snacks
- 10:00: Welcome speech and sponsors presentations
- 10:15: Start of table-top morning session A – 6 meetings x 10 minutes
- 11:30: Coffee and fruit break
- 11:45: Morning session B – 6 meetings x 10 minutes
- 13:00: End of morning session – presentation by NTO
- 13:15: Lunch – we will pre-arrange the tables so that exhibitors will share table with Israelis
- 14:00: Start of table-top afternoon session C – 8 meetings
- 17:00: End of workshops & prize draw
- 17h00 – 18h00: Cocktail party for attendees and travel press
- 18:00: Transfer back to Hotel Grand Beach
Tuesday 15 December – Home
- USD1,500/ZAR 22,900
- Teas; lunches and refreshments, cocktail snacks and drinks, as specified on programme
- Return transfers from the Hotel to Supra Georgian Restaurant
- Full database of all attendees for follow up sales purposes
- Listing +50 word company description in programme given to each attendee
Flights to Tel Aviv; airport transfers, hotel accommodation and meals other than specified
We can offer Accommodation at Hotel Grand Beach Tel Aviv for USD185 Single B&B and USD210 twin /double B&B. Return Transfers to The Supra Georgian Restaurant are included.
Ethiopian Airlines are the Official Carriers and can offer discounted flights via Addis to Tel Aviv – 12% Discount on Business Class and 10% on Economy Class. A reservations hyperlink and discount code will be provided to all registered Exhibitors.