Saturday 31 August
After a few years absence we are now organising another Spotlight in Windhoek on Saturday 31 August.
We are also pleased to advise that Air Namibia and ANTA are fully supportive of this workshop and will assist us in inviting all the IATA and Non IATA agents.
At the suggestion of ANTA we are holding the workshop on a Saturday as this will allow some of the Swakopmund and Walvis Bay agents to attend. Air Namibia are also offering AD75 air tickets to Travel Agents from Swakopmund and Walvis Bay to attend.
Regional African and Overseas Travel is increasing so it will be an ideal opportunity for Airlines, International Tourist Offices, Beach Resorts, Hotel Groups and Cruise Companies to network with agents.
TravelExpo will promote:
- Inter-regional travel from Namibia to African destinations & Indian Ocean resorts
- Outbound Overseas Travel from Namibia
- Domestic Travel within Namibia
Profile of Buyers attending:
- Namibian Corporate and Leisure Travel Agents,
- Inbound and Regional Tour Operators,
- Corporate Travel Planners (Secretaries)
Spotlight workshop format: Flow (not scheduled appointments)
One 4-hour session on Saturday morning from 09h00-14h00 for approximately 80 trade attendees.
How will the TravelExpo be Promoted?
- I have appointed a well-known Namibian Events company to send out invitations and chase up registrations.
- Invitations will be sent using our specifically targeted databases to Travel Agencies (Leisure and Corporate), Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, and Major Corporate Travel accounts.
- Air Namibia will be sending invites to all IATA Travel agents as well as Non-IATA Agents & ITC’s based in Namibia. The Air Namibia sales team will actively encourage agents to attend the Spotlight workshop.
- Air Namibia will be offering Two air Tickets as Prizes in our Lucky draw at the workshops. This will be a big drawcard for the Trade to attend!!
- The Namibian Travel Agents Association (ANTA) and TASA (the Tour and Safari Association of Namibia) will also encourage their members to attend.
- Frequent reminders will be sent via email and telephone follow-ups.
Friday 30 August 2019
- Fly into Windhoek
- 19h00 – 21h00: Informal get together for Exhibitors at JOE”S BIERHAUS – typical German /Namibian restaurant. Drinks included. Meals can be ordered at your own cost.
- Overnight at HILTON WINDHOEK Hotel
Saturday 31 July – Venue HILTON WINDHOEK
- 08h00 – 09h00: Exhibitors set up tables
- 09h00: Trade registration and light Breakfast
- 09h30 – 14h00: Spotlight Travel workshop for trade
- 14h00 – 15h00: Lunch and prize draw
- 15h00: End of workshop
- Fly home
- You will need a minimum of one night’s accommodation on Friday night.
- Hilton Windhoek (the venue for the workshop) is offering a single room rate of N$1700 / ZAR1700 B & B. Please request when making your hotel reservations.
Air Namibia will offer Exhibitors discounts on Business-class and on Economy-class fares on their flights from JNB, CPT, GBE, LUN, Harare West Africa etc to Windhoek – please note these discounts do not apply to Promotional fares)
Air Namibia will provide a direct booking link or a promo code for exhibitors to book their discounted flights online.
Costs Include (See booking form for workshop costs):
- Venue and catering expenses
- Extensive marketing campaign,
- Breakfast and lunch on 31 August.
- Full database of all attendees for follow up sales purposes.
- Listing + logo + 40 word company description in programme given to each attendee.
Flights to Windhoek, airport transfers, hotel accommodation, visa fees,
and meals other than specified.