Our Spotlight Gabs workshops over the past 14 years have always been a great success with enthusiastic attendance by the travel trade from all over Botswana.
At the 2019 workshops, 36 Exhibitors and 150 Trade and Corporates attended the workshop and 42 Travel Agency Senior Managers attending the VIP Cocktail Party. 53 different Travel Agencies and Corporates attended (some with all their staff).
Gaborone is always one of the most enthusiastic audiences we have and the feedback we receive from Exhibitors is always very positive.
Gaborone is a thriving commercial centre in Southern Africa with a booming economy and it has become the centre of the global diamond industry.
Overseas Travel is increasing and there are 25 IATA Travel Agencies in Gaborone so it will be an ideal opportunity for Airlines, International Tourist Offices, Cruise Companies and Coach Tour Companies to network with agents.
Gaborone residents are great weekend travellers. This workshop is an ideal chance for Hotels, Lodges and Tourism Organisations within Botswana and over the border in Madikwe, North West, Limpopo, Gauteng etc. to promote their packages, lodges, shopping opportunities etc.
For 2021 we are again doing two sessions. We start off with a VIP Cocktail Party for Senior Managers/Directors of Travel Agencies on 28 April and on 29 April, we have the morning session for the Travel Trade at Peermont Global – Gaborone International Conference Centre.
This workshop is a Spotlight on Everywhere … Overseas Travel, Africa, Regional and Domestic Travel within Botswana.
This workshop will promote:
- Outbound Overseas Travel from Botswana
- Inter-regional Travel from Botswana to South Africa and other African Countries
- Domestic Travel within Botswana
Who Should Participate (as Exhibitors)
- Hotels and Safari Lodges
- International Airlines
- Tour Operators
- Provincial Tourist Boards
- Regional & City Tourism Associations
- Car Rental Companies
- Beach Resorts
- Cruise Companies
- European Coach Tours
- Overseas Tourist Offices
We expect 25 – 30 Exhibitors to participate in the workshop
Profile of Buyers Attending
- Botswana Corporate and Leisure Travel Agents,
- Inbound and Regional Tour Operators,
- Corporate Travel Planners (Secretaries),
- Government Departments,
- NGO’s and Embassies in Gaborone, and
Table-top workshop – Free-flow (not scheduled appointments). One late afternoon VIP Networking Cocktail Party for 30 Senior Travel Agency Directors session plus a 3-hour breakfast session for approximately 80 trade attendees.
How Will The Workshop be Promoted?
- I have appointed a Gaborone-based Conference Company to hand-deliver invitations and chase-up registrations.
- Invitations will be sent using our specifically targeted databases to Travel Agencies (Leisure and Corporate), Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, and major Corporate Travel accounts.
- Frequent reminders will be sent via email and telephone follow-ups.
28 April 2021: Town Lodge Gaborone
- Fly or drive into Gaborone.
- 18h30 – 20h30: VIP Networking cocktail party for exhibitors to meet 40 Senior Travel Agency Directors / Managers
29 April 2021: Peermont Global – Gaborone International Conference Centre
- 08h00 – 14h00: Breakfast and Workshop for trade.
You will need one night’s accommodation the first evening. We have special rates at Walmont and Mecure Hotel and Town Lodge Gaborone and we will advise these rates on confirmation of your booking.
No special offers available – suggest you check with Air Botswana, SAA, to see the best deals.
Driving to Botswana
A very, easy drive via Rustenburg and Zeerust on toll road, about 4 and a half hours to Tlokweng border post near Gaborone. You need an insurance “over border” letter from your Brokers and a special letter from your vehicle finance house. Border fee is approximately P150 (R160).
Costs Include: (See booking form for workshop costs)
- Workshop venue and catering expenses and extensive marketing campaign
- Snacks and drinks at Cocktail Party, and light breakfast & lunch at the Workshop
- Full database of all attendees for follow up sales purposes
- Listing + logo +50 word company description in Programme given to each attendee
- Flights to Gaborone
- Airport Transfers
- Hotel Accommodation (trade rates are being negotiated)
- Meals other than specified
Sponsorships & Advertising Opportunities
- Full Page Advert In Directory and pictures on Website: USD75/ZAR1,000
- Early Morning Coffee & Tea Sponsorship – plus Video on Big screen: USD500/ZAR7,000
- Lunch sponsor plus video on big screen & includes full-page advert in directory: USD1,000/ZAR14,500
- Drinks Sponsor at Cocktail Party USD500/ZAR7,000