Book now for Spotlight TravelExpo Gaborone!!
at the Gaborone International Convention Centre (The Grand Palm - Peermont Global)
Thank you to our sponsors and supporters
Our Spotlight Gabs workshops over the past 16 years have always been a great success, with enthusiastic attendance by Travel Trade from all over Botswana.
At the 2022 workshops, 21 Exhibitors and 125 Trade and Corporates attended. 66 different Travel Agencies and Tour Operators attended (some with all their staff).
On Wednesday evening 15th February we will once again have our VIP Networking Cocktail Party to enable exhibitors to meet with the Directors and Senior Managers of the most important travel agencies in Gaborone.
The Gaborone Workshop will take place on Thursday 16 February: The workshop is a 4-hour morning session followed by a networking lunch at Gaborone International Convention Centre.
This workshop is a Spotlight on Everywhere … Overseas Travel, Africa, Indian Ocean Islands, Regional and Domestic Travel within Botswana.
This is an ideal chance for Hotels, Lodges and Tourism Organisations within Botswana and over the border in Madikwe, North West, Limpopo, Gauteng to promote their packages, lodges, shopping opportunities etc.
The Outbound Market from Botswana
Gaborone is a thriving commercial centre in Southern Africa with a booming economy and it has become the centre of the global diamond industry.
Overseas Travel is now increasing again and there are more than 50 IATA / Non-IATA Travel Agencies & many ITC’s in Botswana.
In particular there is a thriving interest for Indian Ocean Islands Holidays.
Gaborone residents are great weekend travelers.
This workshop will promote:
- Outbound Overseas Travel from Botswana
- Inter-regional Travel from Botswana to South Africa and other African Countries & Indian Ocean Islands
- Domestic travel within Botswana
Who Should Participate (as Exhibitors)
- Hotels and Safari Lodges
- International Airlines
- Indian Ocean islands Tour Operators
- African hotels & DMC’s
- South African and African Tourist Boards
- Regional & City Tourism Associations
- Car Rental Companies
- Indian Ocean Island Beach Resorts
- Cruise Companies
- European Coach Tours
- Overseas Tourist Offices
- Insurance companies & other suppliers
We expect 25 – 30 Exhibitors to participate in the workshop
Profile of Buyers Attending
- Botswana Corporate and Leisure Travel Agents
- Inbound and Regional Tour Operators
- Corporate Travel Planners (Secretaries)
- Government Departments
- NGO’s and Embassies in Gaborone
Table-top workshop – Free-flow (no scheduled appointments). A 4-hour session for approximately 100-125 trade attendees.
How Will the Workshop be Promoted?
- Invitations will be sent using our specifically targeted databases to Botswana Travel Agencies (Leisure and Corporate)
- Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, and major Corporate Travel accounts
- Frequent reminders will be sent via email and telephone follow-ups.
Wednesday 15 February 2023 – Gaborone
- Fly or drive into Gaborone
- 18h00: VIP networking Cocktail Party for exhibitors with Directors/Managers of top Travel Agencies (Okavango Room – Walmont Hotel: Grandpalm Casino)
- Overnight Gaborone at Walmont Hotel or Metcourt Inn (accommodation not included)
Thursday 16 February - Gaborone (GICC - The Grand Palm)
- 08h00 – 14h00: Workshop for trade. Buffet Lunch included
You will need two night’s accommodation (depending on late afternoon flight availability) on 15 and 16 February.
We have special rates at:
Driving to Botswana
An easy drive via Rustenburg and Zeerust on the toll road, about 4 ½hours to Tlokweng border post near Gaborone. You need an insurance “over border” letter from your Brokers and a special letter from your vehicle finance house. Border fee is approximately P200 (R240).
Other Hotel Options
Town Lodge Gaborone (approximately 8km from the Convention Centre)
- Single: P980
- Double: P1,155
Rates inclusive of breakfast and taxes
Book by emailing RBischoff@clhg.com and request Spotlight Workshop. Subject to availability, no block booking.
No special offers available – we suggest you check with Air Botswana, & Airlink to find the best deals.
(See booking form for workshop costs).
- Workshop venue and catering expenses and extensive marketing campaign
- VIP Cocktail Party on 15 February
- Light Breakfast & Lunch on 16 February
- Full database of all attendees for follow up sales purposes
- Listing, logo and 50-word company description in Exhibitor Directory given to each attendee
- Flights to Gaborone
- Airport Transfers; taxis in Gaborone
- Hotel Accommodation (trade rates are being negotiated)
- Meals other than specified