Following the very successful 2018 Nordics roadshow we have now finalised arrangements for our 2021 roadshow.
Nordic citizens enjoy the highest average income in the world, and travel frequently. They are also known to spend more per trip on accommodation, meals etc than all other European Travellers!
We have decided to hold the workshops in the three most important Nordic source markets for Africa namely Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
We will be hosting buyers from Finland, Estonia and Gothenburg at our Stockholm Workshop. For Copenhagen we always host a number of Buyers from Southern Sweden and Jutland.
17 African & Indian Ocean exhibitors participated on the 2018 roadshow to Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen.
In Stockholm we had an attendance of 32 trade with 25 different tour operators/Agencies represented.
In Oslo 28 attendees from 15 operators/agents and Copenhagen we attracted 50 trade from 28 different operators and Agents.
A total of 75 companies attended over the three days!
- To promote outbound travel from Nordic Countries to Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands.
Sweden is the major market for Africa followed by Denmark, Norway and Finland. During 2019 tourism from the Nordic countries to Africa again showed a small increase.
As Sweden represents the biggest market to Africa our Stockholm workshop has always been well attended by Senior Executives and Product Managers of all the major Africa Tour Operators as well as Travel Agencies and Incentive Travel Companies.
Norway is one of the fastest growing of the Nordic markets for Africa. Exhibitors at the 2018 Oslo workshop rated the buyers as the most enthusiastic and productive of all the workshops!
Our Copenhagen workshop has always been very popular. We also attract a number of operators from Malmo & Southern Sweden to the Copenhagen workshop. For 2020 we will also host buyers from Aarhus where 10 Operators specialising in Africa / Indian Ocean islands are located.
Though Finland is the smallest of the Nordic Markets in terms of arrivals to Africa, there are a number of important Africa Tour Operators in Helsinki and we plan to host up to 5 of these operators at our Stockholm Workshop. We will also be hosting Buyers from the Baltic countries to attend in Stockholm.
Long haul travel from Nordic countries is on the increase with key destinations being Thailand, China, Vietnam, USA, Brazil and Australia. Nordic countries are seen as key high-end markets for Africa & Indian Ocean with an excellent growth potential.
Who Should Exhibit?
African and Indian Ocean Island:
- Hotel groups
- Inbound Tour Operators
- Incentive DMC’s
- Safari Lodges
- National, Provincial and City Tourism Offices
- Car Rental
- Golf and Sports Tour Operators
Who Will Attend the Workshops?
Swedish, Danish and Norwegian
- Outbound Tour Operators specialising in Africa/Indian Ocean Islands
- Incentive Travel Companies
- Travel Agents
- Travel Press
- Corporate Travel Planners
We expect 30-40 trade attendees each in Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm. Our aim is “Quality more than Quantity” and we specifically target attendance by Senior Management of Tour Operators specialising in Africa & Indian Ocean Islands.
How will Workshop Attendance be Promoted?
- We will be doing banner advertising in the most important Travel Trade publications and online platforms. These publications & platforms reach all the Travel Trade and significant numbers of Corporate and Incentive Travel Planners.
- We also plan to e-mail Corporate Travel Agency Associations and Outbound Incentive Travel Companies.
- In addition we have excellent mailing lists and e-mail addresses of all the key players in each Market and we are receiving considerable support from African airlines and Representation Companies based in Scandinavia.
- All previous attendees will also be invited.
- The Public Relations campaign will also target Travel Journalists (both Travel Trade and Consumer Travel Press) to generate publicity for the exhibitors and articles / press trips for on-going editorial exposure.
The workshop format will be a FREE FLOW table-top format.
November 2020 Programme
Monday 08 November: Tivoli Hotel & Conference Centre
- Arrive Copenhagen
- Afternoon & Evening Workshop at Tivoli Conference Center Hotel
- Overnight Tivoli Conference Center Hotel
Tuesday 09 November: Oslo (Scandic Solli Hotel)
- Fly from Copenhagen to Oslo
- Transfer to Scandic Solli Hotel
- 15h00 – 20h00: Spotlight Workshop & Networking Cocktail party for Norwegian trade
- Overnight Scandic Solli Hotel
Wednesday 10 November: Scandic Norra Bantorget Hotel
- Either by train to Stockholm (5 hours) or fly to Stockholm
- Transfer to Scandic Norra Bantorget Hotel
- 15h00 – 20h00: Stockholm City Conference Centre. Spotlight Workshop & Cocktail Party for Swedish Trade & also hosted buyers from Finland & Baltic states
- Overnight Scandic Bantorget Hotel
Thursday 11 November
- Breakfast included at hotel, depart for home
- All workshop expenses
- Promotional costs
- Breakfasts at hotels
- Cocktail snacks & drinks during workshops
- 40 word descriptions in official catalogue distributed to all attendees
- Full contact address list of all attendees will be sent to exhibitors after the workshops.
Costs do not include:
Air fare to Copenhagen, air fare Copenhagen – Oslo air or rail fare Oslo – Stockholm, and return air fare from Stockholm. Taxis and airport transfers, meals other than specified.
Accommodation has been reserved at the workshop venues. The optional cost of Euro 530 includes one night B&B in Copenhagen (Mon 08 November), Oslo (Tuesday 09 November); Stockholm (Wednesday 10 November). We can also book accommodation in Copenhagen for Sunday night 07 November or after the workshop in Stockholm on Thursday 11 November. Costs on application.
Due to venue sizes the maximum number of tables is set at 23. We have a limit of TWO DMC’s per country. Full payment is due no later than on 01 October