Spotlight Workshops Lusaka (12 – 13 February), Harare (15 February) & Maputo (14 March)
Bookings are now open for our annual Spotlights in Lusaka and Harare and Maputo In February & March 2019.
At the 2018 LUSAKA Travel Expo 28 Exhibitors including Airlines, Hotels, Beach Resorts and Safari Lodges from South Africa, Zanzibar, Seychelles, Zambia, Tanzania & Zimbabwe participated and 141 Travel Trade from Lusaka and the Copperbelt attended.
Lusaka is a fast growing commercial centre and the Zambian economy is thriving.
Spotlight TravelExpo Lusaka will comprise a Networking Cocktail Party with major Travel Agencies on Tuesday evening 12th February and a morning breakfast session on Wednesday 13th February.
This workshop is a Spotlight on Everywhere … Overseas Travel, Africa, Regional and Domestic Travel within Zambia.
Lusaka 2018 in action ..
Overseas Travel is increasing and there are 85 IATA and non-IATA Travel Agencies in Zambia so it will be an ideal opportunity for Airlines, International Tourist Offices, Cruise Companies and Coach Tour Companies to network with agents.
Lusaka residents are great weekend travellers to the game parks, Livingstone, Kariba and further afield to South Africa.
This TravelExpo is an ideal opportunity for Hotels, Lodges and Tourism organisations within Zambia to promote their packages, lodges, shopping opportunities etc.
Being a land-locked country; Indian Ocean beach holidays are also very popular in Zambia and Zimbabwe
Harare is always one of the most enthusiastic audiences we have and the feed-back we received from Exhibitors was very positive. We also had 10 agents flying up from Bulawayo to attend Spotlight!!
At the 2018 workshops, 20 Exhibitors participated and 157 trade attended.
The Harare and Lusaka Spotlights will promote:
- Outbound Overseas Travel from Zimbabwe & Zambia
- Inter-regional Travel from Zimbabwe & Zambia to Southern Africa; other African countries and Indian Ocean islands.
- Domestic Travel within Zimbabwe & Zambia
The programme will be as follows
Tuesday 12 February
- 18h00: Welcome Cocktail Party for Exhibitors to meet the managers of the most important Lusaka Travel Agencies/Tour Operators.
Wednesday 13th February
- 08h00 -14h00: Spotlight TravelExpo Lusaka
- PM or on 14th: Fly to Harare – choice of Kenya Airways/Emirates/ProFlight
- Overnight Harare
Thursday 14th February
- Day free for sales calls in Harare
- Overnight Harare: Happy Valentines Cocktail hour for Exhibitors only at Meikles
Friday 15th February
- 08h00 -14h00 Spotlight TravelExpo Harare
- End of Spotlight workshops
Profile of Buyers Attending:
Zimbabwean & Zambian Corporate and Leisure Travel Agents, Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, Corporate Travel Planners (Secretaries), in particular Government Departments, NGO’s and Embassies in Lusaka and Press.
Table-top workshop – Free Flow (not scheduled appointments): 3-hour breakfast session for approx 80 – 90 Trade attendees.
How will the workshop be promoted?
- I have appointed conference companies in Zambia and Zimbabwe to send out invitations and chase up registrations.
- Invitations will be sent using our specifically targeted databases to Travel Agencies (Leisure and Corporate), Inbound and Regional Tour Operators, and major Corporate Travel Accounts
- Spotlight also has the full support of TAAZ (Travel Agents Association of Zambia) and the Zimbabwe Travel Agents Association who send regular invites out to their members.
- Frequent reminders will be sent via fax mail, email and telephone follow-ups.
Spotlight Maputo TravelExpo Thursday 14 March
Following the great success of our 7 previous workshops in Maputo, Houston Travel Marketing Services will once again be organising a Spotlight TravelExpo in Maputo Thursday 14 March at the Radisson Blu Hotel.
At our previous TravelExpo in 2017 we had 23 Exhibitors and 120 attendees including representatives from 20 Travel Agencies, 12 NGO’s,18 Corporates.
Maputo residents and expats do a great deal of traveling to neighboring countries – Swaziland /Zambia/Botswana and South Africa in particular Mpumalanga.
Maputo still remains a hive of commercial, diplomatic and development activity generating considerable Corporate and Leisure Travel. Several airlines fly into Maputo; SAA, LAM, Kenya Airways, Qatar, Ethiopian, TAP, TAAG and Air Mauritius. Domestic Travel within Mozambique has now become much easier with the introduction of Fast Jet and Ethiopian Airlines domestic schedules.
Thursday 14 March
- Arrive Maputo
- 15h30: Set up tables at Hotel Radisson Blu
- 16h30: Trade Registration and refreshments
- 17h00 – 20h00: Spotlight Travel Expo
- Snacks served. Cash Bar available.
- Overnight Hotel Radisson Blu or similar
Friday 15 March – Home
- Fly home