I am pleased to advise that I will once again be arranging the now famous Spotlight Nordics workshops (this year it is a fly and sea show!) and I would like to invite you to join us from 21-25 November 2016
The Nordic countries are a major emerging market for African Countries
Here are some interesting facts
- The four Nordics markets are proving to be very resilient market for South Africa with no significant downturn in numbers in 2015. Close to 100,000 Nordic arrivals into South Africa in 2015.
- South Africa is the Nordics 5th biggest outbound market –after USA, Thailand, Dubai and Canada.
- Nordics travellers are big spenders –per capita Nordics travellers are amongst the highest spenders in the world .They spend 90% more on food & accommodation than other European tourists.
- Marketing & sales people and National Tourism Boards need to consider NORDICS AS A REGION not as 4 Individual countries. As a region Nordics is the third largest European outbound market.
- Click here for more market information and a powerpoint presentation on the value of the Nordics market, programme, costs etc
Our six previous seashows to the Nordics cities have been a resounding success for exhibitors with attendees comprising Outbound Tour Operators, Incentive Travel Companies and Travel Agents.
Exhibitors were particularly impressed with the quality of the attendees enabling them to meet with the decision makers of most of the major outbound operators, Incentive Travel DMC’s and Travel Agents in each country.
- We will be doing all 4 Nordic countries – Finland, Sweden, Norway & Denmark
- We plan to host buyers from the Baltic states & Jutland area of Denmark (Aarhus & Billund)
- 23 exhibitors at our November 2015 Nordics workshops
- 140 trade attendees at the three venues for the November 2015 workshops
- 180 expected for November 2016 (4 cities)
Monday 21 November –Helsinki – Scandic Park Hotel
- Late afternoon & evening Workshop in Helsinki.
Tuesday 22 November: Helsinki – Stockholm – Oslo
- Early morning flight to Stockholm.
- 11h00-15h00: Workshop at BirgirJarl Hotel.
- Fly to Oslo Late evening flight.
- Overnight Scandic Solli
Wednesday 23 November: Oslo
- Morning Workshop Scandic Solli.
- 15h00: Board DFDS for Copenhagen.
- Sail to Copenhagen: No workshop on board just a nice relaxing cruise and party.
Thursday 24 November: Copenhagen
- 10h00: Arrive Copenhagen.
- Afternoon & Evening Free.
- Overnight Tivoli Hotel and Conference Center
Friday 25 November – Copenhagen
- Morning workshop at Tivoli Hotel and Conference Center
I have selected the dates as two weeks after WTM as the week following WTM also seems to be overcrowded with other workshops / UK sales visits etc. IBTM Barcelona is the week after Nordics so ideal to do both!
Hope you will decide to join us!!!
The cost for the Nordic workshop sessions is Euro3200 plus Euro685 for three nights optional accommodation. – See booking form below
Central & Eastern Europe – target four emerging markets for Africa 28-31 March 2017: Bucharest (28 March) Budapest (29 March) Warsaw (30 March) & Prague (31 March) Euro3400 plus accommodation Euro425
It is also important from the trade visitor’s perspective, to have the widest possible number of Africa/Indian Ocean Islands countries represented at the workshops. This is why I try to balance the number of exhibitors from each country and place a restriction on the number of DMC’s to a maximum of two per country- First Come first served!!!
Thank you for your support in the past and look forward to your participation again this year.