“We have had many positive comments about Spotlight Virtual from both exhibitors and buyers” said Derek Houston. Especially about the quality of their meetings – some exhibitors had more than 20 pre-scheduled meetings during the day. Such was the level of enthusiasm of the buyers to meet the 40 exhibitors that we had to extend the Virtual Expo to October 01 so buyers could complete all their appointments.
Houston Travel Marketing laid down strict conditions for Buyers registration – they were required to be Travel Agents , Incentive DMC’s, Inbound & Regional Tour operators. Sellers were barred from registering!
163 Buyers from 25 countries registered to attend.
Buyers attended from Kenya, Australia, USA, Zambia, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Italy, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Czech Republic, Romania, Ethiopia, Hungary, Poland, Sweden, UK, Netherlands, Nigeria, Finland, Israel, India, Uganda, Canada and Mozambique.
145 of these buyers actually attended on 30 September / 01 October – so only 18 “no shows”
Bookings are now open for our next Spotlight Virtual TravelExpo on 04 & 05 November which will be a two-day event with extended opening hours to accommodate buyers from Asia Pacific and the Americas to participate.
What people had to say...
- Well done to you all…great workshop: Molly Care: Voyagers Zambia
- Thank you for a fantastic Spotlight show the last two days. We made wonderful connections: Viviene Barberis – Cardinal Leisure DMC
- The Spotlight was very beneficial to me. I have managed to send about 4 proposals for WTM Africa 2021 and 2 for ILTM Africa 2021. I have also passed onto to the buyers team some really good buyers’ prospects that I met at the Spotlight. And above all, I have reconnected with a lots of my SSA clients that I haven’t seen for a while with great conversations and possibilities to book them for WTM Africa next year. Many thanks once again for the opportunity! – Papy Luzala: Reed Exhibitions
- Thanks to Derek and his team from Houston Marketing for arranging this weeks Virtual Spotlight Workshop. It was certainly worth the time, money and effort. Many new agents were introduced to Dirty Boots and educated on what we have to offer. Looking forward to the next one. Well done! – Johan and Esna: Dirty Boots
- The Virtual Spotlight was something new especially amongst our African travel partners in the way you presented it, impressive! The meeting scheduling was well designed and programmed .. Ismael Kashiku: Sun International
- Spotlight Virtual was a good effort. At least we did something instead of sitting idle. Thanks a lot to you. Though you know the market condition is still gloomy. Yes, we received the list of buyers and making contacts with them..Deepesh Gupta – Auric Air Services Ltd
- Well done and congratulations on a very well organised show: Peter Byrne: Kinasi Lodge and Lua Cheia Beach
- I think the Show as a huge success. I made some very useful contacts: Consaga Khisa: Destination Connect
- Thank you for letting me be part of the Spotlight Virtual event. The show was a good one & gave the opportunity to have more knowledge on Africa, having new contacts (follow ups started). WOWOWOWOW !!! Thank you very much for the prize of a 6 Day tour of Madagascar sponsored by Le Voyageur. A great opportunity to visit Madagascar and discover a new destination.I had 18 meetings and with 2-3 more we exchanged details. Yanir Horowitz: Yanir Tailor Tours
- On Rickshaw’s behalf I wanted to say a big thank you –and say what a wonderful expo and experience for the first time to do something like this. I connected with all the suppliers I needed to😊 – Big thank you and congratulations on the technology part. Pooja Lalji: Rickshaw Travels Tanzania
- Enjoyed the show last week, felt good to be at a trade show once again! Happy to confirm my attendance as a buyer on 4th and 5th November. Dean McCullagh: Sales Team Leader – EMEA
- Thank you so much for organising the Spotlight Virtual Expo. I really enjoyed it and had some very productive meetings. Sandy Verster Blue Savannah Sky DMC Durban